$500 Amazon Gift Card
Independent judges will determine 1st place to receive a $500 Amazon Gift Card.
Independent judges will determine 1st place to receive a $500 Amazon Gift Card.
Independent judges will determine 2nd place to receive a $250 Amazon Gift Card.
Independent judges will determine 3rd place to receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card.
The photo receiving the most votes will be the People's Choice winner.
The Reason to Love Idaho photo contest features two different ways contestants can win at the end of each 90-day contest period.
1. The First, Second, and Third place awards are determined by a panel of judges.
2. The People’s Choice award is determined by the photo receiving the most online votes on the contest website.
Share your submission to accumulate votes. Get your family, friends, and co-workers to vote for your photo submission.
Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho and the Idaho Farm Bureau Federation (FB) have established the website “Reasons 2 Love Idaho” photo contest (www.reasons2loveidaho.com) to receive digital images of Idaho scenery(“photos”) from individuals (“Contestants”) and to display these on its website (“photo gallery”). This agreement confirms terms and conditions upon which a Contestant may submit photos. The Contestant may also be referred to as “you” or “your” in this agreement. Before attempting to submit any photo, please carefully read the terms and conditions of this agreement. You must press the “I accept” button before submitting any photograph to FB.
1. Photos. All photos submitted to FB must be taken in the state of Idaho by the person submitting the photo. FB has complete discretion whether a photo is displayed, and if displayed, how it is displayed and how long it is displayed. FB reserves the right to alter any photograph submitted for this contest. By submission of a photo, each Contestant will be participating in the FB photo contest and be eligible for prizes or awards as stated in the contest rules.
2. Ownership/Use Rights Contestants retain the copyright to their photographs. By entering the Reasons To Love Idaho contest, contestants agree to have their submitted photograph displayed on the Reasons To Love Idaho website without any fee or other form of compensation, and they agree that FB may display their photos in a slideshow and gallery of current entries, a gallery of all past submitted entries, and (if applicable) a gallery of past winners. FB may make and retain copies of the photographs for use as slide shows, postcards, calendars, and digital downloads including screensavers and backgrounds as well as for advertising and the creation of marketing material. Posted photos will be subject to the Reasons To Love Idaho website photo use policy. Photos will be credited to the photographer named in the entry form. Entries (including non-winning entries) may also be selected for display or use in other FB websites. Photos submitted to the Reasons To Love Idaho photo contest will never be sold. FB will never claim to own the photography. Entrants agree that FB may contact them to obtain permission for use of photos in other ways if the needs arise. In the event that ownership of any photograph submitted to the Reasons To Love Idaho photo contest is contested in any manner, FB retains the discretion to disqualify that photograph and discontinue use of the photograph.
3. Employee and Family Policy. Employees and family of employees of FB and it subsidiaries are not eligible to participate in the Reasons To Love Idaho photo contest.
4. Agreements of Contestants.
a. Granting of Rights and Acknowledgment of Right to Submit. A Contestant has the right to submit one or more photos for display in the Photo Gallery. By submitting a photo to the Photo Gallery, Contestant grants to FB a perpetual non-exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right to place that photo in the Photo Gallery and to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, adapt, modify or otherwise exploit that photo and to incorporate it in other works and to otherwise commercially utilize that photo.
b. Confirmation of Agreement. By submitting a photo to the Photo Gallery, Contestant warrants to FB that:
i. They have read and are bound by the terms of this Agreement.
ii. They are at least 18 years old and are the photographer that took the picture being submitted.
iii. They own and have the legal right to submit the photo to the Photo Gallery and to grant to FB the rights described in this Agreement.
iv. That they have obtained all required releases from any persons who are recognizable in the photo and from any persons who have provided any materials appearing in the photo.
v. That FB’s copying, publishing, displaying, or otherwise utilizing the photo will not infringe upon the rights of any other party.
vi. They waive any right of attribution, integrity or otherwise with respect to FB’s copying, publishing, displaying, or otherwise utilizing the Photo.
vii. They agree that FB may use Contestant’s name in publicity or advertising of the photo without compensation to the Contestant.
viii. They recognize that FB has no liability for any unauthorized use of the photo by third parties.
5. Restrictions on Photo Viewers. Any person viewing the Photo Gallery (“Photo Viewer”) can store or reproduce any photo displayed in the Photo Gallery for their personal, non-commercial use. A Photo Viewer may not use, publish, sell, license, or otherwise commercially utilize any photo in the Photo Gallery or incorporate that photo in any other works. A Photo Viewer may vote on the quality of photos, but may only submit one vote per photo.
6. Indemnification. Each Contestant or Photo Viewer individual accessing the Photo Gallery agrees to indemnify and hold FB harmless from any loss, liability, damage or expense (including attorney fees) suffered or incurred by FB as a result of a breach of his/her warranties or commitments in this Agreement.
7. Discontinuance or Change of Photo Gallery. FB reserves the right, in its discretion, to modify or discontinue the Photo Contest at any time for any reason.
8. Modification of Terms and Conditions. FB reserves the right, in its discretion, to modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time by posting such modifications in the Photo Gallery. Any Contestant who submits a photo to the Photo Gallery and any Photo Viewer who accesses the Photo Gallery to view photos will be bound by such posted modifications.
9. Applicable Law Jurisdiction. This Agreement is being made under and will be interpreted in accordance with the law of the State of Idaho. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any action to interpret or enforce the terms of this Agreement shall be a State or Federal Court in the State of Idaho and FB, each Contestant and each Photo Viewer expressly consents to that exclusive jurisdiction and venue.
I just submitted my photo, but I don’t see it on the site!
Photos are held for review in queue prior to posting. They will not appear immediately, but will appear after being reviewed. You’ll receive an email when your photo is approved. Don’t forget to check your junk email folder!
Can I submit more than one photo per voting period?
Yes. We recommend however that you limit the number of photos you submit to your best images. When you send in more than one photo you in essence are competing against yourself.
Can I submit a friend’s photo?
No. You must be the owner of the photo you submit. You must own the copyrights to the image you send.
How do I see the past winners of the Voting Periods?
Visit the Winners page.
Is there anything I should know about submitting my photo?
Yes. We would like to see all photos titled. For example… Owyhee River Canyon. Please remember that the quality of the image is as important as the subject matter. Photos too light are washed out, or photos that are too dark and shadowed lack definition and contrast. Ensure that the photo is clear, not blurry or grainy. You must own the copyrights to any photos that you submit.
Is the information I give to enter the Farm Bureau Insurance Reasons To Love Idaho Photo Contest given out to anyone else?
No. The information is kept solely within Farm Bureau Insurance Company. The information you provide to Farm Bureau to enter is for the contest administrators only.
If my photo didn’t win in a past period, is it still eligible to win in the future?
Yes, but you must resubmit the photo.
Can I mail my photo to you?
No. We must receive all entries through our submission form. We cannot accept entries in any other way.
Can two members of my family submit the same photo in one period?
No. Each photo must be submitted only once.
How old do I have to be to enter the contest?
For legal reasons, all entrants must be at least 18 years old at time of entry.
Is there a location requirement?
To enter you must be a resident of Idaho
What type of photos are you asking the public to submit?
The emphasis on each eligible photo entry must be placed on scenic outdoor images or Idaho cultural landmarks and events to qualify. A list would include, but not be limited to, mountains, rivers, streams, sand dunes, sunsets, sunrises, forests, parks, hot springs, as well as other images that emphasize the beauty of the State. Photos that are taken to emphasize family members do not meet the contest guidelines and will not be considered. FB reserves the right to post only those photos that meet these guidelines.
How many times can I vote?
Public participation in the contest by voting for photos is encouraged. However, please submit only one vote per photo. Failure to follow this rule will disqualify an image.